Authors are encouraged to submit their original manuscripts online via the website:
Journal of Hydraulic Structures (JHS) welcomes original contributions in different areas of hydraulics, hydraulic structures and water resources engineering (See the Aims and Scope section). The manuscripts should be submitted via the Journal’s Submission System. In what follows, the definitions and guidelines required to submit papers are presented. Authors are encouraged to submit their original manuscripts online via the website: http://jhs.scu.ac.ir
All submitted papers are subject to a double-blind peer reviewing procedure. The manuscript should be written in good English. It should have been carefully checked for clarity, conciseness, correctness of grammar, and typographical errors.
Submission declaration and verification:
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language.
Enclosing the forms of Copyright agreement and Conflict of interest is essential for each submission.
To download the Copyright form click here please.
To download the Conflict of Interest form click here please.
Language (usage and editing services):
Please write your manuscript in good English. Authors who feel their manuscript may require editing to eliminate possible grammatical or spelling errors and to conform to correct scientific English are encouraged to use the English Language Editing services and helps.
Submission to this journal proceeds totally online and you will be guided stepwise through the creation and uploading of your files. All correspondence, including notification of the Editor's decision and requests for revision, takes place by e-mail.
Please submit, with the manuscript, the names, addresses and e-mail addresses of, at least, three potential academic referees. Please mention the Name, Academic position, Affiliation, and Contact information (mail address is mandatory) of the referees. Note that the editor retains the sole right to decide whether or not the suggested reviewers are used.
1. It is important that the file be saved in the native format of the word processor (*.doc or *.docx).
2. The file should include text (preferably in 11 point, “Times New Roman” font), Figures and Tables. Figures, Tables and other variants of representations should be placed within the text in the right position.
3. The text should be in single-column and single spacing format. Keep the layout of the text as simple as possible and a margin of at least 4 cm on one side.
4. When preparing Tables, if you are using a table grid, use only one grid for each individual table and not a grid for each row. If no grid is used, use tabs, not spaces, to align columns.
5. Please ensure that the embedded figures and tables are in an acceptable resolution. The clarity of the presentations is mandatory for accepted manuscripts.
6. To avoid unnecessary errors, you are strongly advised to use the 'spell-check' and 'grammar-check' functions of your word processor.
7. Please include page numbers.
8. Headings: The manuscript should be divided into Introduction, Experimental procedure, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, Acknowledgments, References. The introduction and conclusions are compulsory. The headings should be numbered and can include sub-division with relevant numbers.
9. Abstract and Keywords: Page 1 should include only paper title, abstract and keywords. Abstract is a concise summary of the entire paper and should briefly state the objective of the research, applied approaches/schemes, summary of results. Moreover, Abstract should be provided in one paragraph and be at most 250 words.
10. Keywords: The list of 3 to 5 keywords should be provided at the end of the abstract.
11. Tables: Tables should be numbered consecutively and should be sited within the text. A short descriptive caption above each table is essential.
12. Figures: Figures should be numbered consecutively and should be sited throughout the text with a short descriptive caption.
13. References: All publication cited in the text should be presented in a separate section at the end of the manuscript (and vice versa). The following format should be followed:
Text: Indicate references by number(s) in square brackets in line with the text. Example: '..... as demonstrated '. Referring to actual authors is allowed, but the reference number(s) must always be given. Example: ' Ashrafi and Dariane  demonstrate that … '
List: Number the references (without square brackets) in the list in the order in which they appear in the text.
Reference to a journal publication:
1. Ostadrahimi L, Mariño MA, Afshar A, (2012). Multi-reservoir Operation Rules: Multi-swarm PSO-based Optimization Approach. Water Resour Manage, pp: 26:407–427.
Reference to a conference paper:
2. Ashrafi, S. M., Dariane, A. B. (2012). Application of Improved Harmony Search Algorithm in Optimal Operation of Multi-purpose Reservoirs. Proceeding of 9th International Congress on Civil Engineering, Isfahan, Iran.
Reference to a book:
3. Strunk Jr., White E.B., The Elements of Style, fourth ed., Longman, New York, 2000.
Reference to a website:
4. USGU Science for a changing word, Water Quality Watch-Continuous Real-Time Water Quality of Surface Water in the United States. https://waterwatch.usgs.gov/wqwatch/ (accessed 23 December 2017).
Open Access Statement
Journal of Hydraulic Structures (JHS) is committed to immediate and real open access for academic work. All the original articles, technical briefs and review papers published in this journal are free to access immediately from the date of publication. There are no author charges (commonly known as APCs) prior to publication, and no charge for any reader to download articles and reviews for their own scholarly use.
The use of the article will be governed by the Creative Commons Attribution-4.0 International License as currently displayed on (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.